Monday, April 4, 2011

Something NEW!!

OK, so it's been a while I know! But I've been keeping busy -- going to shows, working on my space at Country Roads, just doing a lot of creating in many different ways! I'm always looking for new things to create, and something new, fun and exciting came to me. I happened to see a store window display that had a French setting and motif, and it was so beautiful and inspiring - so I wanted to create my own take on a French window display.

I've always painted old suitcases and had some laying around, and also work with glass, I thought, "I can try this". If I cut an opening in the suitcase, put glass in the opening, then the inside could be my window! I put French miniatures, and other found objects, and voila! It became a mini store window - a take on an old idea of the "diorama".

I had so much fun creating it! I took it to Spring Glitterfest and it was a big hit! Here's a picture.


Then I thought of some very special customers and decided to do a themed diorama - here it is.


I so enjoy these and have other ideas for my dioramas - I'll be putting some in my space at Country Roads and bringing them to upcoming shows - hope to see you there!!

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE what you create! You are so "original" and I will always love what you do and the person you are. I can't wait to see these at CR!

    Take care, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute!! you are one creative chica. I am going into CR tomorrow morning to totally redo my spaces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lori,
    Absolutely love the French minitures...you have an amazing talent GF!! Can't wait to see what you bring to the CR!
    Wishing you a Happy Easter!
    xx
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. My, my, my, my, my, my, my . . . what a perfectly captivating blog. It's like walking into a dream of sorts. You know the dream where when you wake-up, it is hard to explain all the goings-on, that happened. I love your fresh and original art. No one will accuse you of being a copy-cat. I love it. I see that you have not posted forever , , , so I hope you get this and I hope you start posting again. I'm sure in the past year you have come up with lots of new projects. I am your newest follower. Please accept my warm and humble invitation to visit my blog, and to hopefully follow me, too. Connie :)

    ReplyDelete